That moment when you're literally hanging out with someone you met at a bar. Often times you get drunk, dance, get crazy and then never see the person again BUT this past Sunday he gave me a call to hang out while his girlfriend was out of town and I gave in. Why not? I didn't have an excuse to not come over and my schedule was completely open this evening and the next day. I could tell in his voice that he was having one of those life moments (we all have them) and needed something. Click "Read More" to find out what happened..see our famous bar kiss!
I pondered the idea but couldn't put a finger on it.
Our 2-day hangout consisted of the following:
1. Lots of red wine & white wine.
2. Netflix was a must.
3. Unhealthy BUT yummy snacks & junk food like snickers, chips, gummy worms, and pizza... I know I know awesome healthy food choices.
4. Enjoying his Chicago rooftop at night.
5. Playing cool brain games using numbers and letters to decipher the answers while we watched The Intimidation Game, a compelling movie about a man who solved Germany's secret communication device during the war.
6. Watching Tomorrowland videos and planning on going to their Germany tour.
7. Becoming even more obsessed with OhLand Music. (BTW YouTube OH LAND SHE'S AN AMAZING ARTIST). He's never heard her music but was of course was consumed by Lean (Live w/String Quartet version), Perfection, and especially Cherry On Top. It's totally awesome when two people can connect even more through mutually loved music. Oh yeah Elastic Heart by Sia was one of our favorites too!
8. Cleaning up the mess we made.
I'm sure everyone is wondering who is this guy, to be honest I don't truly know him. No one truly knows anyone unless the person tells you every single detail about their existence/life to the point that you can predict their thoughts and even then you never really know. What I do know is that I took a chance by trusting this guy, had a great time, had fun, and just enjoyed his company for the 2 days I stayed over his loft in Chicago.
These days you can never be too careful meeting people but he was a friend of a good friend of mine and meeting him at the bar a few weeks beforehand definitely was key in my final decision to come over his place. As a professional tennis player, model, actor and now public speaker, I travel so much for my careers and it's really nice to have moments like these. I hope I see him again and more people like him cross paths with me on my journey. I won't label him my Prince Charming but hey who can turn down a tall and handsome guy that gives you a random friendly kiss at a bar in front of your friends? Not me.
What I've learned is the simple fact that we're all humans that need love and yes love comes in many different colors, forms, and we all express our love for others in our own unique way. However society created a powerful intangible for us men, we're taught not to show our emotions. How ironic because we have such a physical presence. Below is a GIF he texted me before we hung out haha so funny because LaBouf was in Sia's music video, (Elastic Heart) the one we kept watching over and over again.